[LRUG] May Meeting - Specifics

Jeff Van Campen jeff at vancampen.co.uk
Tue May 1 02:43:38 PDT 2007

> Dan's OpenID talk should be interesting as we'll be seeing more of
> these systems over the next couple of years and Rails people really
> need to get clued in to the whole trust-anchor concept.
>
> I'd also like to hear Ben's follow-up to the REST discussion,
> although I appreciate that other members may feel we're putting off
> potential new blood. Still, we are the main Ruby forum in the UK and
> I don't think we should be scared to discuss deep stuff as well as
> doing our bit to help newcomers get into the language.

I'd definitely be interested in both the Dan's OpenID discussion.
I've had the chance to play with this a bit, but would love to hear
from someone who's spent a bit more time with it.

I didn't get the chance to attend the last LRUG, but would also like
to hear Ben's SOAP vs. REST discussion.  I'm new to Ruby and Rails,
but I think that REST v. SOAP is a fundamental topics.  Web developers
-- whether using Rails, PHP, or what have you -- are going to be
spending more and more time integrating web services and developing
APIs for their own services.

So, in other words, I'm up for both discussions if there's time for both.

--
Jeff Van Campen
Web Developer and Consultant

Phone: 07976 551 536