[LRUG] May Meeting - Specifics

Peter Jones peterbjones at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 11:13:49 PDT 2007

Hi Muz,

Here are the results of the request for Mentors
/Mentorees with an indication if they are more
interested in Ruby or RoR.

Potential Mentors:
1. Murray Steele
2. James Adam
3. Eleanor (Ruby)
4. Anthony Green*

Mentorees
1. Suw Charman (RoR plus some basic Ruby)
2. Peter Jones (RoR plus some basic Ruby)
3. Ed Davey (Ruby and possibly some RoR)
4. Eran Ben Shabbat (RoR in order to learn Ruby)
5. Alex Pounds (RoR)
6. Anthony Green*

Note *Anthony Green is prepared to be a mentor, but
would like to be mentored too if possible. He
indicated he was happy to get Ruby/Rails beginners up
and running.

I don’t know how you want to match people up. One
option would be for us to break into a smaller group
towards the end of the LRUG meeting, explain to each
other where we are with Ruby/RoR, and then see what
the mentors think would be appropriate.

As there are less mentors it may be worth requesting
at the beginning of the LRUG meeting if any other
people would like to be mentors too.

Peter.