[LRUG] Rails Question : Matching Share Nested Resources to Controllers

Jason Lee jlsync at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 07:05:24 PST 2007

resources_controller (+1!) is definitely your friend with dealing with
contextual views for polymorphic controllers.

e.g.

    /authors/id/books
    /publishers/id/books

if both Author and Publisher have a name method then the book show view can
contain something like

    <%= link_to enclosing_resource.name, enclosing_resource_path %>

or in rails 2.0 you could do

     <%= render :partial => enclosing_resource %>

which would automatically use either authors/_author.html.erb or
publishers/_publisher.html.erb

Jason.