[LRUG] Rails Question : Matching Share Nested Resources to Controllers

Craig Webster craig at xeriom.net
Mon Nov 5 07:40:34 PST 2007

Hi Tony,
On 5 Nov 2007, at 15:21, Anthony Green wrote:
>  Heres how new TV series can be created
>
>  series/index -> series/new
>  series/id -> series/id/series/new
>  brand/id -> brand/id/series/new
>  brand/id/series/id -> brand/id/series/id/series/new

Would this work under resource_controller?

def cancel_link(default_root_path = series_path)
   link_to "Cancel", enclosing_resource.blank? ? default_root_path :
enclosing_resource_path
end

The breadcrumb problem is solvable too but I can't think of an
elegant way to do it. Give me a wee while to think about it and I'll
see what I can come up with.

Cheers,
Craig
--
Craig Webster   | Lead Developer   | skype: craigwebster
Xeriom Networks | t: 0131 208 3800 | w: http://xeriom.net/

   -- Virtual machines, dedicated servers and colocation --

Xeriom Networks Limited.
94/1 Spring Gardens, Abbeyhill, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Registered in England and Wales. Company No. 5961686.

All agreements are made under our standard terms and conditions.
These can
be found at http://xeriom.net/terms_and_conditions