[LRUG] Web App develope/designer with strong Ruby and database skills needed, Docklands

Nick Field nick.field at hostway.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 03:22:12 PST 2007

Hi all,

I was given the link to this list by a guy who's a member and who
suggested that somebody here might be able to help, so firstly,
apologies for a Marketing guy busting into your environment! :-)

We've been developing a high-end marketing web application internally,
but due to the unexpected illness of our existing coder/designer (who
was a genius!), we're left with a real need for a second genius -
somebody who's passionate about developing really usable applications,
with strong Ruby, database, web development and designer skills to help
us complete it and also to help assist in keeping our main website and
on/off-line marketing elements up-to-date.

I know in development terms, it's normally a nightmare for someone to
try and take over an existing development and coding and, as someone
who's not your typical marketer, I honestly wouldn't normally go about
it this way - but this is one hell of a good application, the coding's
well documented but we are really stuck and desperate to try and get it
completed. It's been seen by some external developers who were extremely
excited with what the Application can already do but we don't want to
use a third-party supplier to finish it - we want to keep it in-house.

More details can be found at www.hostway.co.uk/vacancies/vacancies.asp
so please email me or call me if this interests you in any way and you
are available immediately.

Thanks in advance guys

Nick Field

Online Marketing & CRM Manager