[LRUG] December Meeting - Registration Open

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 06:31:52 PST 2007

Hi all,
After last month's last minute registration surge causing "Your name's not
down, you're not getting in" woes, Skills Matter have opened registration
early.  So, if you think you might pop along you can register now at
http://skillsmatter.com/lrug and secure your place.

I've also added an upcoming event so you can put it in your online
calendars: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/322274.  I don't know if there's
any confusion, but it's important to note that 'attending' this upcoming
event doesn't tell Skills Matter you are coming; it's only there for
convenience (and LRUG marketing purposes obv).

Now that the dirty business of infrastructure for the evening is set up,
anyone got any ideas what they might like to hear?  So far we have:

Pie on the table:

--

Rails CMS roundup: Thomas Knoll has offered to do a talk comparing the
current crop of Rails CMS solutions.

Pie in the sky:

--

Rails 2.0: what are the major changes in this 'evolution, not revolution'
release?

Ruby Algorithms: there were a couple of requests for people to discuss
implementing algorithms (like from this book:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529321/) in ruby

Erlang: What's the fuss with it?  Is there anything we can learn from it for
ruby?

Of course, if anyone has anything they'd like to talk about that's not on
this list, feel free to volunteer yourself (or your colleagues).

Muz