[LRUG] December Meeting - Registration Open

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 01:57:31 PST 2007

On 19/11/2007, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pie in the sky:
>
> --
>
> Rails 2.0: what are the major changes in this 'evolution, not revolution'
> release?
>
> Ruby Algorithms: there were a couple of requests for people to discuss
> implementing algorithms (like from this book: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529321/)
> in ruby
>
> Erlang: What's the fuss with it?  Is there anything we can learn from it
> for ruby?
>

> Of course, if anyone has anything they'd like to talk about that's not on
> this list, feel free to volunteer yourself (or your colleagues).

Thinking of other possible talk topics I remembered that Ruby 1.9 is
supposed to be released this Christmas (I've looked, but I can't seem to
find an authoritative source on this, but everyone talks about it like
fact).  It would be nice if someone who has looked into it (or wants to
spend a few hours looking into it in the next couple of weeks) could give a
talk outlining what's new, different and exciting in 1.9 vs. 1.8.  Perhaps
this might be a good starting point:
http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?Changes+in+Ruby+1.9

Muz