[LRUG] FUGSE - Friendly User Group Speaker Exchange

Gregor Schmidt ruby at schmidtwisser.de
Wed Nov 21 03:23:38 PST 2007

Hello London,

Summary first:
http://www.rug-b.com/wiki/show/CFP

The whole story:

My name is Gregor Schmidt and I'm from the Ruby User Groub Berlin,
rug-b, well known for Bratwurst on Rails and the RejectConf Berlin
2007, would like to strengthen the exchange of Ruby knowledge across
europe.

A mastermind in our group, not me, proposed a Friendly User Group
Speaker Exchange. Two user groups suggests talks and topics, they
would like to talk about at the other user group. Then each group
picks a topic from the other's proposals. Group A invites a speaker
and will pay for the trip and a bed. And then the other way round.

If we do that more than once, we will get a great opportunity to
exchange knowledge, contacts, friendships and a lot of fun. Meeting
once or twice a year on expensive conferences is not, what we really
want.

But you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, so we
decided to set a good example and just invite somebody to visit
Berlin. There is no commitment to invite a Berliner to come to your
local user group, although this would be the main idea and very
welcome.

We wrapped a bit of organisation around it, so it will all go well.
More information may be found at our wiki page at
http://www.rug-b.com/wiki/show/CFP

We will be happy if you take a look. We would be lucky if we see you
in Berlin in 2008. Feel free to tell everybody about this, who may be
interested. The more people involved, the better.

Cheers,

Gregor