[LRUG] December Meeting - Registration Open

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:48:06 PST 2007

On 21/11/2007, Pratik Naik <pratik at thinkwares.com> wrote:

> On 11/21/07, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thinking of other possible talk topics I remembered that Ruby 1.9 is
> > supposed to be released this Christmas (I've looked, but I can't seem to
> > find an authoritative source on this, but everyone talks about it like
> > fact).
>

> http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/articles/2007/11/02/town-meeting-with-matz-at-rubyconf-2007
>
> Those are notes from matz' keynote at rubyconf. Basically, 1.9.1
> release is supposed to freeze the API from what I know.

So, any talkers?

If there aren't any other offers I'm sure I could put my money where my
mouth is after all my "hey, you don't need to be an expert, just try stuff
out for a bit and then talk about it" chat.  I could cobble together
something about what's new in ruby 1.9 over the next couple of weekends.
It'll probably be a distillation of that eigenclass link, so if you've read
that there might not be much new stuff for you.

Assuming people aren't tired of my face, would that float folks boats?

Muz