[LRUG] Vacancy at CitySafe

Richard Livsey richard at livsey.org
Mon Oct 22 03:55:31 PDT 2007

Hi all, we're looking for a Rails developer to join our team here at
CitySafe towers!

We're in the process of delivering a contract to supply our incident
management app to all of London boroughs and have just landed a deal
with Canary Wharf. So it's all hands to the pumps in a fast moving,
but rewarding environment.

Working conditions are pretty flexible, and we're keen for people to
take advantage of that. We have an office in London, but there's no
requirement to work from there. I'm currently up in York for a couple
of months and Simon is spending some time working whilst travelling
around New Zealand and Australia.

Any questions feel free to drop me a line. I should be at the next
LRUG meeting, as should my fellow CitySafer James Darling, so feel
free to quiz us about working conditions here in the slave-pits!

----- Full job ad starts here -----

We're a small but agile company who build tools to help emergency
responders collaborate and communicate: from training, to response and
recovery. We're looking for a full-time Rails developer to join our
team.

You'll be working on developing mission critical applications which
are used on a daily basis by SO15 (Counter Terror Command), the
Police, regional Government, and high profile financial and retail
institutions.

You should be enthusiastic and self motivated, with clear
communication skills. A degree in Computer Science or similar would be
good but is far from essential.

We're doing some complicated things, so to ensure we build only the
very best apps we're looking for someone passionate and opinionated to
challenge ideas, with an analytical mind able to create the best
solution to a problem.

You should code with intelligence and elegance, and be fantastic with
unobtrustive javascript and css. We're big into web standards, too.

We use BDD and RSpec to keep things in shape, so familiarity would be
useful. Similarly knowledge of PostgreSQL and HAML would be nice, but
neither should pose a problem to you.

If you're in to (and good at) graphic design and UI/UX/IA that's
icing, and PDA / mobile platform / Google Gears experience would be an
improbably desirable cherry on top.

We offer a competitive salary with flexible working hours and, while
we are based in London, you can work from anywhere.

Please get in touch at jobs at citysafe.org with salary expectations,
whatever you'd like to send us that you think will help you show off
your amazing powers and tell us a little about your style.

--
Richard Livsey
Head of Agile Development, CitySafe