[LRUG] Experienced Ruby on Rails Developer

Danny Bull danny at diary.com
Mon Oct 29 01:35:18 PDT 2007

Experienced and passionate Ruby on Rails developer neededfor 6 months to work on an exciting web application. The developer will beinvolved in all aspects of coding from planning and building the app todefining testing procedures and coding standards, as well helping to create ascalable architectural solution. You should have at least 3-5 years commercialdevelopment experience and 1-2 years developing commercial Rails applications.Experience of Agile development methodologies or a background in Java will bebeneficial.
Experience in high-end web site and applications builds withscalable architecture is a distinct plus. We want someone who is passionateabout Rails and adheres to its principles including CoC, DRY and Test DrivenDevelopment. Knowledge and experience of Apache, lighttpd, Mongrel, MySQL /PostgreSQL, REST and Ajax are also important.
If you’re the right person and fit in with our team there’sscope to stay on for the long term. We’re building an exciting application andwant people as enthusiastic about the Internet and creating a usable anduser-friendly system as we are.Competitive rates for the right person in arefreshing environment with a well stocked fridge.

Contact Danny Bull by email (danny at diary.com), phone (07904 861 543) or Skype (dannybull55).