[LRUG] Rails : Drying Up Views

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 09:19:14 PDT 2007

We've spent quite some time developing a framework for UI 'widgets', which
are ruby classes with associated templates, css and javascript files, that
can be instantiated anywhere in the view, across the whole application. I
rather like this approach, as it encourages view code that has a sensible OO
architecture - UI widgets can be subclassed from each other, and can mixin
different interfaces, which saves a lot of repetition of code. We're going
to try to package this framework up as a rails plugin sometime - more
information should be forthcoming at devblog.playlouder.com if you're
interested at some point.

Cheers,

Tim