[LRUG] Rocktober

Paul Golds paul.golds at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:53:59 PDT 2007

On 9/19/07, Daniel Tenner <daniel.ruby at tenner.org> wrote:
> So, if anyone's used Flex+Rails in anger, come forward please :-)
>
> Daniel

I've used them knocking up some a couple of quite complex prototype
applications, and as these were my first decent-sized Ruby apps I
found it reasonably straight-forward.  One resource you may want to
look into is the 'Flexible Rails' book (http://flexiblerails.com)
which is currently available as PDF and soon in dead tree from
Manning- it covers a lot of different approaches in getting the two
talking properly.

Personally I ended up going with simply formatting the data as XML
anyhoo, but that could well be because the data I was sending actually
fitted into that kind of structure fairly well.