[LRUG] Unexpected Visit Oct 2-5

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Wed Sep 26 01:25:05 PDT 2007

Hi Geoff,

> It looks like I'll miss any kind of monthly LRUG meeting, but I
> understand that there is something called a 'pub' that people like to
> meet at. Tuesday night would be the best for me, and I'll be residing
> at the estate of James Cox.

I've heard of these 'pubs' too.  I must get one some day.

> Is there a good pub nearby? Would anyone like to get together while
> I'm in town?

It looks lie the FOWA conference is in Docklands, out on the dark
side of the moon.  I don't know where James Cox's estate is --
couldn't find it in Debrett's -- but would a 'pub' in London be
agreeable to you?

There's the Match Bar[1] and Smiths of Smithfield[2] in Clerkenwell
for example.  The latter has nostalgic value because Razorfish in its
hey-day took the upper floor of Smithfield Market and one could gaze
down dreamily at all that beer.

[1] http://www.matchbar.com/details/matchec1.html
[2] http://www.smithsofsmithfield.co.uk

Cheers,