[LRUG] Oh! Happy day! Free Books

John Scholes j3s1c4 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 02:47:07 PDT 2007

There are two hidden costs to books, both larger than the cost of the
book: (1) you have to put them somewhere - my (quite large flat) has run
out of wallspace for bookshelves, so I am now renting storage space for
a dozen further bookcases; (2) you have to read them (well, you can just
pretend you are absorbing knowledge by osmosis I suppose).

On the second point, has anyone had a chance to compare the RailsSpace
book with the Apress offering: Alan Bradburne, Practical Rails Social
Networking Sites?

I found it a bit hard to tell from the Amazon.com reviews (usually more
of them than the .co.uk ones), but my impression was that the Bradburne
book might be better.

Any thoughts anyone?

John