[LRUG] Introductions

Pat Allan pat at freelancing-gods.com
Fri Apr 25 01:31:37 PDT 2008

Hi everyone

Thanks for the positive feedback - now the next step is a venue - does
anyone know any camp/hall sites out of town that might suit us?

What we'd need is something like:
- 40+ beds
- Camping spots for those who wish to would be nice
- Electricity
- Cooking/Kitchen facilities - we don't need catering (hopefully)
- Showers, etc.
- Plenty of tables & chairs
- One big room for everyone to sit in (with the tables, chairs, etc)
- Bonus points for other rooms/lounge areas so everyone doesn't have
to be in the same one room the entire weekend
- Fri afternoon to Monday afternoon, some time in August.
- Close enough to a train station that people who drive can be taxis
without much hassle

Scout halls and school camp venues are generally what we've looked at
over here in Aus, so I'm guessing it's a similar situation in the UK.
If you want to actually call up these venues, I will owe you a few
beers, but even if you just know of a place and can give me some
contact details, that'd be a massive help.

Cheers

--
Pat
e: pat at freelancing-gods.com    || m: 0413 273 337