[LRUG] Training Providers

Jeremy Hoyland jeremy.hoyland at incisivemedia.com
Tue Apr 29 01:57:15 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm new to the list -as a quick intro I work as a development manager
for a publishing company. My interest in Ruby is down to the management
deciding that it is the 'great leap forward' for our company and will be
the main technology for delivering web content for the next few years.

Which brings me to the point -we are a mixed bunch of PHP and Java
developers who now need to learn Ruby & Rails in short order. We've got
the books, played with the tutorials and had a competitive 1 week 'play'
project. Now we need to get someone in to show us the ropes in a more
structured way. We are looking at some sort of, perhaps bespoke,
training -a bit beyond the basic operators and control of flow stuff and
grounded on real experience; perhaps also based around a critique of the
'play' projects.

Does anyone know someone who might do this sort of thing, it would be
on-site in London to ~8 people, we can provide a training room.

Thanks,

Jeremy.