[LRUG] Ruby job at Playlouder

Matthew Willson matthew at playlouder.com
Mon Aug 18 10:46:03 PDT 2008

Couldn't guarantee it Matty J - depends a bit if we can tease
something "off the shelf" like ActiveMQ into doing what we want.

I am interested in Erlang's mnesia for distributed storage though, and
also in a scalable messaging system which integrates well with
persistent storage and can handle delivery to twitter-style
'followers' (we call them stalkers). Seems like something Erlang-based
could be a good fit for this at some point. We've been reading the
PragProg book on it at any rate :)

Then again maybe we'll end up following the route of others and
patching something together in a devious fashion with mysql, memcached
and starling-or-similar. Whoever comes on board will certainly have a
big say in it all.