[LRUG] ExtJS

Dan Webb dan at danwebb.net
Wed Aug 20 04:50:00 PDT 2008

> If you use a lot of ExtJS in your project (i.e. you're building something
> very GUI-ish) then it's a great addition and probably worth the time to
> modernize the design. In my case where I only used one component, I would
> have done better to go with something more focused.

Agreed.  I've never used it in a project but I've had a good dig into it
and, well, its just huge and pretty over-engineered in my opinion.  If you
can possibly get away with something like jQuery UI then I'd go for that but
if you want to go GUI crazy then consider it.  However, if you are going
that GUI crazy then Flex starts to look like a better option than either of
them.

Dan Webb
http://www.danwebb.net

aim: danwrong123