[LRUG] [Job] Javascript developer with some Ruby

Matthew Willson matthew at playlouder.com
Wed Dec 3 07:28:50 PST 2008

Dear all,

Apologies for the slightly OT nature of this--although we're very much
into Ruby as a company (and using it for our back-end), the main
responsibility here would be on the Javascript side of things.

Still, I thought it might interest some here, as you'd doubtless get
to be involved with some scripting and back-end ruby work too, and the
approach we're taking on this project may be of interest to any
railsy / web 2.0 sorts who've been pushing the envelope with rich web
app development. This isn't a vanilla client-side web design-ey job,
but real object-oriented UI development that just happens to be in
Javascript.

So yeah, if any of the following appeal (or you know anyone to whom it
might appeal), do drop me a line!

   * Music, and building rich music apps for ISPs
   * Thick client, browser-centric user interface development in
Javascript (think Sproutcore and ObjectiveJ/Cappucino, although we're
leaning towards using Dojo toolkit for its greater stability/maturity/
flexibility)
   * REST-based APIs. In particular writing client-side model code
against them, but also the server-side Ruby component (at present
we're using merb and sequel ontop of MySQL)
   * COMET and live chat
   * Testing, especially on the client-side (if you've played with
Selenium or any other client-side test harnesses, and can help us get
a cross-browser continuous integration testing environment up and
running, that would be awesome)

More detail on the job (and the company) here: http://mediaserviceprovider.com/jobs.html

Cheers,
-Matt