[LRUG] Looking to the future: January and February

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 02:05:37 PST 2008

Hi all,

As mentioned last night I was toying with giving people a break from the
hard labour of preparing talks for the January meeting and just having a pub
meet.  However, I got enough offers to do a talk that I think we'll go ahead
with a normal meeting.  It'll be on the 12th January, so get it in your
diaries.  If you did grab me yesterday and offer up a talk for Jan (or
didn't but have a talk you'd like to give) please reply to this message and
we'll choose a couple to put on.  I probably want to get this sorted in the
next couple of weeks to give everyone enough notice that they're not
preparing their talks at the last moment (unless that's what they choose to
do).

Anyway, looking forward beyond January to the February meeting, I thought
(after prompting from Roland) that it would be fun to do another Lightning
talk evening.  We did this last February (
http://lrug.org/meetings/2008/01/25/february-2008-meeting/ for details,
including a link to the video) and it worked really well.  So well in fact
that we'll stick to the same format; 20 slides, 20 seconds each, auto
transitioning to keep you to your time limit.  To fill up the evening we'd
need at least 6 speakers but we could accommodate about 8 or 9 without the
evening feeling too full.  So, get your lightning talk hats on and start
volunteering yourselves.

Cheers,

Muz