[LRUG] Rails developers needed

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 08:49:22 PST 2008

On 20 Feb 2008, at 15:51, Paul Doerwald wrote:

> I would actually be thrilled to work with people that are simply good.
> Not great — who needs the ego? — but people who are experienced,
> considerate, hardworking... but none of that makes a 'sexy' job ad,
> and no employer wants to say they look for middle-of-the-road people.

As a coder-turned-employer, I think those are actually the great
people. Humility, courtesy, the ability/desire to learn how to code
'right', being able to admit you don't know something, etc. matters
much more than experience in a particular framework. Skills can be
taught, personality can't.

Sooo, anyway, if you're an entry-level rails coder who'd love to learn
how to do stuff right, give me a shout.

Chris