[LRUG] Rails developers needed

Stephen Bartholomew steve at curve21.com
Wed Feb 20 08:13:57 PST 2008

There is one point to be made here.  It's actually fairly rare that people
put 'ninja' or 'rockstar' on job ads and despite the crudness, it does
actually make the job stand out in a list.
If you look down a long list of 'Ruby on Rails Developer' - it looks a bit
dull.  I wasn't brave enough to do it myself (<plug>
http://jobs.37signals.com/jobs/2751</plug>) but I can see why people do.

Plus, just because an employer writes 'rockstar', it doesn't mean they're
not looking for a 28 year old danish guy with pointy hair.  There are plenty
of 40+ rockstars.  Less 40+ ninjas I imagine.  They die so young.... <sob>

Steve