[LRUG] Invitation to join a Nike+ challenge: Run 100 miles in 10 months

James Darling james at abscond.org
Mon Feb 25 13:25:49 PST 2008

> James Adam, Jon Lim and myself all jog with Nike+ kits to try and keep
> fit.  To try and motivate ourselves to keep going, we're setting up a
> (pretty easy) challenge: run 100 miles in 10 months, starting on the
> 1st March and ending the 31st December.

I'd love to join, I'd fail, but taking part would be the fun.
My history with nike+ didn't work out though.
I used it a long time ago, ran 30 mins, coded http://abscond.org/run/show/1
  in about an hour, then lost the white nike+ bit.
I then got given a new nike+ kit for Christmas, but lost my nano a few
days later. And it doesn't work with my iPhone. which is rubbish. So I
gave up trying to be clever and just run occasionally. So I can't join
in to make you all look good, unfortunately.

But yes, if you want to loosely relate this to ruby, then I can send
you over the code I wrote when very new to this programming lark that
reads the XML stuff and does other stuff with it.

James