[LRUG] March meeting - registration open & call for talks

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Thu Feb 28 06:04:23 PST 2008

On 28 Feb 2008, at 13:41, Anthony Green wrote:
> I'm probably the only one who prefers to cut off his own ears that
> have to
> sit through such talks like that.

Well, yes, your preference does raise one's eyebrow ;-)

> I like the fact that LRUG isn't overly dominated by Rails, and IMHO
> the best
> talks are the ones where people demonstrate actual code.

Who said anything about Rails?

I know what you mean, though, and agree that talks with code are
often good.  However lots of LRUGers are freelancers/consultants/
small businesses, and a discussion along those lines would be
appreciated, I'm sure.  At least I'd appreciate it.

Perhaps, were it to happen, it could be scheduled as the final talk,
so those valuing their ears but not the topic could head for the pub
early.

Regards,
Andy Stewart

-------