[LRUG] LRUG meeting on Monday?

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 10:32:21 PST 2008

Hi Dafydd (and Richard et al from the other thread),

I've been unable to get in touch with Tom Ward, who offered to organise the
quiz and venue for Monday.  Given the fact that the quiz would be due to
start in about 24 hours and no-one knows where it's supposed to be, I'm
fairly sure it won't be happening tomorrow (however, Tom may still yet get
in touch to change that).

So... in the interim, would folk want to get together tomorrow in some
central London pub and have some ruby chat?  A whole load of stuff has
happened in the ruby world over the festive break; ruby 1.9, JRuby 1.1 RC1,
Thin (a new ruby webserver), Vintage (a new merb-a-like) and, of course,
rails becoming a Ghetto.  So there's bound to be something for folk to chat
about.

How's about: The Chandos (http://fancyapint.com/pubs/pub1054.html) from
about 6:30 onwards?  It's not the best of pubs, but it is a) central, b)
biggish and c) cheap - I am open to other suggestions though as I admit it's
not very inspired.

Anyone?

Muz