[LRUG] Sphinx and Sphincter

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Wed Jan 30 09:07:40 PST 2008

On 30 Jan 2008, at 16:43, Nick Ludlam wrote:
> I've been using Sphinx trunk and Ultrasphinx, successfully indexing a
> large, simplistic data set (2 columns).
>
> I'd be happy to lend another pair of eyes to the problem. Is the
> problem with Sphinx or your plugin?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for offering to help.  I appreciate it.

I'm not sure whether the problem lies with (my installation of)
Sphinx or with the plugin.  I'm going to try to find out by getting
Sphinx to generate an index from the command line.  Do you have any
pointers for doing this?

I wrote up my problem here:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=17589&group_id=1513&atid=5922

If I can show the problem lies with the plugin then I'll go with
Ultrasphinx instead.  On the other hand I may have simply mis-
installed Sphinx.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
Andy Stewart