[LRUG] Sphinx and Sphincter

Nick Ludlam nick at recoil.org
Wed Jan 30 11:01:09 PST 2008

On 30 Jan 2008, at 18:05, Andrew Stewart wrote:

> Now I see the problem.  I presume Sphincter's auto-generated Sphinx
> configuration omitted sql_host because my database.yml doesn't have a
> host key.

In that case, it might be worth supplying a patch to the Sphincter devs
making sql_host default to "localhost" in cases where it's not directly
specified in database.yml.  The plugin shouldn't really ever generate
broken config if at all possible, and the sql_host definition is
mandatory:

http://www.sphinxsearch.com/doc.html#ref-sql-host

> Thanks for the help -- I'll buy you a beer as/when I bump into you at
> LRUG.

Cheers!

--
Nick Ludlam