[LRUG] [Off Topic] ImageMagick and Delegate Libraries

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 06:07:00 PST 2008

On 15 Jan 2008, at 12:09, Andrew Stewart wrote:
> On 15 Jan 2008, at 11:54, Chris Parsons wrote:
>> Not that I know of, although we tend to use a pre-canned script to
>> get
>> all the delegate libraries compiled and installed before we install
>> image magick - much quicker that way!
>
> Indeed, much quicker I'm sure!
>
> Is your script open source by any chance?

On linux it just consist of a few yum commands as we're on CentOS:

sudo yum install glib glib2 libpng libjpeg libtiff ghostscript freetype
sudo yum install libjpeg-devel libpng-devel libtiff-devel freetype-
devel ghostscript-devel

http://jacqueschirag.wordpress.com/2007/12/19/linux-commands-to-install-imagemagick-and-rmagick/

But if you're on Ubuntu and you want to compile yourself you might
want to try modifying the rmagick-osx-installer script to be found here:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/rmagick/

Hope that helps....
Chris

--
Chris Parsons
Managing Director

chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
www.edendevelopment.co.uk

0845 0097 094
po box 425, winchester, so23 0wy, uk
Map: http://pininthemap.com/edendevelopment

Tried Pin in the Map? Mark a map location, add text, send to friends.
http://pininthemap.com

This electronic message and all contents contain information from the
sender which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any copying,
disclosure, distribution or use of the contents of this message is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy the original
message and all copies. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.