[LRUG] Exception notifier and bots

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:44:46 PDT 2008

don't know if that's true Tom.

We get quite a few errors from bots trying to inject random stuff.
So they pump in params that don't exist, and we barf on them.

Don;t think we should explicitly be .slice-ing all incoming params just to
avoid this circumstance.
Particularly in #create calls.

Always try to avoid setter methods like this;

class Post < ActiveRecord::Base
  def name=(value)
    self.connection.execute("DROP DATABASE my_production_db")
    self[:name] = value
  end
end

Because Post.new(:name => "Matthew") will really mess you up!