[LRUG] Subversion Repository

Chris Adams mail at chrisadams.me.uk
Mon Jul 14 00:14:03 PDT 2008

This may sound silly/naive, but would it be worth simply asking the
github owners to see if they might sponsor user groups like this with
a free group account?

It seems like it would be a pretty efficient way for them to reach new
users, and the hosting costs for a user group's repo would probably be
covered by the numbers of paid plans that members and freelancers use
in their day-to-day work after being exposed to git.

Or does github not allow people to belong to more than one
organisation for billing purposes?

On 7/10/08, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> all
>>> LRUG
>>> +
>>> >

>> Or, people can add LRUG git user as a collaborator to their project (Admin
>> > Collaborators ). That way, LRUG will be automatically watch those
>> projects.
>>

> That could work too.  It seems there's no "your fans" kind of page (or if
> there is, I can't find it), so right now the onus is on me (or whomever else
> I give the keys to the lrug account) to find code and make El Rug watch it.
> Let's play and see what works....
>
> Anyway, he's here: http://github.com/lrug
>
> I've made an initial attempt to link to code that I know people have talked
> about, but it's way far from complete as my brain is addled.  Also I'm not
> "following" anyone yet.  If people want to mail me directly (or github
> message lrug) then I'll watch their repo / follow them from lrug.  Once
> there's something interesting there I'll post the private 'news for you'
> feed for the lrug account so everyone can watch what everyone else is
> doing.  What fun!
>
> Muz

Chris Adams
mob: 07974 368 229