[LRUG] RailsConf Europe

Matthew Westcott matthew.westcott at torchbox.com
Wed Jul 30 03:25:45 PDT 2008

On 30 Jul 2008, at 10:59, Anthony Green wrote:

> If anyone who has done it before can offer advice I'm all ears
>
> Google gave up this:
>
> http://www.seat61.com/Germany.htm#Berlin

Seat61 is *the* bible of international train travel, so that's
definitely a good place to start...

I did London - Berlin (and on to the Czech Republic) a week or so
back, and happily it's one of the few trips you can book online - to
Brussels via eurostar.com and the Brussels - Berlin sleeper via
bahn.de. I'd strongly recommend going for a proper sleeper cabin
rather than the couchettes (although I imagine couchettes may not be
so bad if there are enough people to book a full 4 or 6 person
compartment, rather than sharing with random strangers...) My only
real complaint about the sleeper is that the power sockets don't have
enough juice to recharge a Macbook...

Not planning to be at Railsconf myself this time, but I'm happy to
give any further pointers re trains if required.

- Matt