[LRUG] RailsConf Europe

Jonathan Leighton j at jonathanleighton.com
Wed Jul 30 03:38:38 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 11:25 +0100, Matthew Westcott wrote:
> I'd strongly recommend going for a proper sleeper cabin
> rather than the couchettes (although I imagine couchettes may not be
> so bad if there are enough people to book a full 4 or 6 person
> compartment, rather than sharing with random strangers...)

Re: couchettes - this concern was raised previously on the list, but
I've gone for a 4 person one anyway. Perhaps they are different on the
CNL trains, but when I went to Spain a month ago a (4 person) couchette
was the only option, and whilst it was a little cosy, I didn't find it
at all problematic. In both direction I ended up meeting interesting
people in my carriage, going to the bar with them, then just coming back
to sleep. I mean, how much space do you need for that?!

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd brave a 6 person one!

Jon

--
Jonathan Leighton
http://jonathanleighton.com/