[LRUG] Exception notifier and bots

Thomas R. Koll tomk32 at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 07:01:49 PDT 2008

Am 31.07.2008 um 15:44 schrieb Matthew Rudy Jacobs:

> don't know if that's true Tom.
>
> We get quite a few errors from bots trying to inject random stuff.
> So they pump in params that don't exist, and we barf on them.
>
> Don;t think we should explicitly be .slice-ing all incoming params
> just to avoid this circumstance.
> Particularly in #create calls.

Andrea didn't say what exceptions he gets (hint!!!) so I just took the
most common in my inbox.

About the barfing, only TamperedWithCookie and
InvalidAuthenticityToken are
the ones we can live with or even be happy about, still they are
annoying.

Anyone having a solution for the cookies?

ciao, tom

--
Thomas R. "TomK32" Koll || http://tomk32.de || http://ananasblau.com
just a geek trying to change the world