[LRUG] Binding the creation of 2+ objects together

Matthew Westcott matthew.westcott at torchbox.com
Thu Jul 31 10:07:25 PDT 2008

On 31 Jul 2008, at 19:04, Anthony Green wrote:

I'm seeing this is pattern repeated where an object with a has_one
relationship to a twin is created but you need to check its twin has created
as well and that both will save. You can't create one entry in a table
without a corresponding entry in a different table.

validates_associated ?

(I'm not a huge fan of validates_associated though - any error message it
generates will tend to be fairly vague - or worse, something like "Person is
invalid"...)

 - Matt