[LRUG] Onwards to August and September

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 03:12:46 PDT 2008

Hi all,

With the July meeting over it's time to turn our thoughts towards the next
meetings.  According to our usual schedule the August meeting will be on the
11th of August and the September meeting will be the 8th of September.  The
most important thing about these meetings is that I won't be organising
them.  I'll be away for a good chunk of August so I can't devote any time to
organising the September meeting and whilst I will be around in July to
organise the August meeting I probably wouldn't give it my all because I
won't be at the meeting.

I'm not leaving LRUG to rot in my absence though as I've cajoled Tom Ward
into organising these two meetings in my stead.  So, if you have any ideas
for talks you'd like to give, or subjects you'd like to hear, or alternative
meeting ideas you'd like to organise / attend get in touch with him directly
(tom at popdog.net) or just use this list and I'm sure he'll pick it up.

I'll be passing on the keys for lrug.org, twitter.com/lrug and
github.com/lrug to Tom while I'm away so normal service should continue
without a hitch.  I'll also be passing on details of anyone that's ever
mentioned doing a talk to me so Tom has something of a head start in
organising something for these two meetings.

Cheers,

Muz

ps I'm not going to the moon (more's the pity) or anywhere similarly devoid
of internets so if you do forget about my loosening of dictatorial control
and mail me about something LRUG related by mistake don't worry about it,
I'll pass on your email to Tom eventually.