[LRUG] Rails Cities

Ben Griffiths bengriffiths at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 03:57:04 PDT 2008

There are plenty of London people who maintain important ruby projects
too. It's fair to recommend them if you use the project or if they've
built a good community around it. Isn't it?

I reckon James Mead's
(http://workingwithrails.com/person/3237-james-mead) mocha testing
framework deserves a nod or two - anyone who hangs around the mocha
mailing list knows that it's a good amount of work to answer
everyone's questions and queries and James does it well.

I think the Battley's iplayer-dl
(http://www.workingwithrails.com/person/5748-paul-battley) deserves a
bit of credit too.

Not quite London, but UK-based, Tom Locke's
(http://www.workingwithrails.com/person/6379-tom-locke) hobo framework
should get more credit. Partly because it's a huge undertaking with a
goal that's pretty ambitious.

Maybe we need a version of railscities that cross-compares the names
on working with rails with rubyforge or github projects. I'll
recommend anyone who does that!

Ben