[LRUG] ActiveMQ advice?

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 06:21:06 PDT 2008

Hey there,
I developed my own DB-based queue,
and here it is as a rails plugin.

Useful if sticking to your existing DB is the best solution.

http://github.com/matthewrudy/rudeq/tree/master

git clone git://github.com/matthewrudy/rudeq.git vendor/plugins/rudeq
rake queue:setup
rake db:migrate
rake

ruby script/console
>> RudeQueue.set(:a_queue, {:a => :hash})
-> nil
>> RudeQueue.get(:a_queue)
-> {:a => :hash}

note: it doesn't work with SQLite,
because SQLite is missing key features like "UPDATE LIMIT 1 ORDER BY id ASC"

Enjoy.