[LRUG] Chat Digest, Vol 29, Issue 33

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 02:00:46 PDT 2008

2008/6/30 Matthew Rudy Jacobs <matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com>:

> I assume that "out of office" replies get sent to the "from" of an email?
>
> should the digest emails get sent by a "digest at lists.lrug.org" which isn't
> repliable or something,
> and keep the "reply-to" as "chat at lists.lrug.org"

I don't know much about mailman (the software that's running
lrug.orgmailing lists), but it doesn't look like it has that kind of
ability in that
there's nothing on the 'Digest' options page that lets you set a separate
from address.  Also, I'm not massively sure that auto-responders wouldn't
respect the reply-to field, rendering the whole point moot.

That said, anyone who can prove me wrong about auto-responders (it's likely
it's some version of outlook / exchange) and tell me how to set up mailman
to do as Matthew suggests is welcome to a pint at the next LRUG.

Muz