[LRUG] Chat Digest, Vol 29, Issue 33

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 02:19:34 PDT 2008

2008/6/30 Paul Battley <pbattley at gmail.com>:

> 2008/6/30 Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com>:
> > I don't know much about mailman (the software that's running lrug.org
> > mailing lists), but it doesn't look like it has that kind of ability in
> that
> > there's nothing on the 'Digest' options page that lets you set a separate
> > from address.  Also, I'm not massively sure that auto-responders wouldn't
> > respect the reply-to field, rendering the whole point moot.
>
> If you can filter on headers, there's this one:

> I'm not sure which agents set it, though. It may well not be standard.

Whatever they're using doesn't set that.  Nor does it send *any* useful
headers like X-Mailer or whatever.  Also, I'm not sure we can filter on
headers.  I'm pretty sure Mailman (or at least this version of mailman) is
balls.

Thanks for the heads up though.

But now, let's get back to our regular scheduled programming.

Muz