[LRUG] Reminder about free books [Was: Yes, there will be a June meeting.]

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 02:33:31 PDT 2008

Reminder that I have these books to give away at the meeting tonight.

2x Practical Rails Social Networking Sites by Alan Bradburne published by
> Apress:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Rails-Social-Networking-Experts/dp/1590598415/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212485903&sr=8-1
> 2x Practical Rails Projects by Eldon Alameda published by Apress:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Rails-Projects-Experts-Voice/dp/1590597818/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212485940&sr=1-1
> 1x RailsSpace by Michael Hartl & Aurelius Prochazka published by Addison
> Wesley:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Railsspace-Building-Networking-Addison-Wesley-Professional/dp/0321480791/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212485989&sr=1-1
> 1x RailsSpace Ruby on Rails Tutorial livelessions DVD by Aurelius Prochazka
> published by Addison Wesley:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/RailsSpace-Ruby-Rails-Addison-Wesley-Professional/dp/0321517067/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212485989&sr=1-3
> 1x Design Patterns In Ruby by Russ Olson published by Addison Wesley:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Design-Patterns-Ruby-Addison-Wesley-Professional/dp/0321490452/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212486044&sr=1-1
> 1x The Rails Way by Obie Fernandex (and others) published by Addison
> Wesley:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rails-Way-Enterprise-Addison-Wesley-Professional/dp/0321445619/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212486067&sr=1-1

There are many takers for Rails Way and Design Patterns and one taker for
the DVD so we'll do names from a hat.  If you want in on the draw and aren't
already, let me know by 5pm ish.

However, so far there have been no takers for the others.  Seriously, does
nobody want these other books?  They do look like pretty good books for
people just getting started with rails, and I'm sure even hardcore rails
folk would learn *something* from them.  If no-one steps forward for them
I'm in two minds about carting them over to the meeting tonight just in
case, so if you do want them, or think you know someone who might, speak up
now.

Muz