[LRUG] Rails freelancers

David Salgado david at digitalronin.com
Thu Mar 6 08:30:12 PST 2008

Hi Chris
Since you asked for comments;

I suspect your starting offer is a bit low, but that could be because I'm
more used to London salaries. But then again, I would have thought the pool
of Ruby programmers in, or willing to relocate/commute to Winchester is
quite small, so you might have to sweeten your offer accordingly.

Also, I'm not sure asking for humility is entirely wise. I haven't noticed
that being a common trait amongst coders! According to Larry Wall, laziness,
impatience and hubris are a better bet;

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?LazinessImpatienceHubris

To be fair, he does talk about Diligence, Patience, and Humility too;

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opensources/book/larry.html

...but those never seemed to get quite as much traction!

Best of luck with your search.

David