[LRUG] Rails developer for startup

Mike Thomas mike at pitch7.com
Thu Mar 13 03:15:13 PDT 2008

My first (and only?) post to this group was with regards to an opening
we had for a "start-up". Although I did ask the list owner permission
first, the reception was a wee bit frosty and not at all unanticipated
by me (as a PHP developer, I too have had offers which appear completely
unreasonable on the face of it - and turn out to be).

However, we've since hired two of your finest, neither of which I trust
have any complaints. I think my point is - these job posts are not
entirely unhelpful to you as a community if the end result is people in
jobs! I'll wager not all of you have work lined up at the door.

Recruitment agencies haven't stopped spamming me since though... and
should rightly be shot down at the door.

Mike