[LRUG] April meeting idea: If you show me yours, I'll show you mine

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 14:35:31 PDT 2008

On 14/03/2008, James Adam <james.adam at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2008, at 22:40, "Sean O'Halpin" <sean.ohalpin at gmail.com> said:
>  >> So, do people like the idea and, crucially, have something they could
>  >> bring in for Show'n'Tell?
>  >

> > Maybe James could be persuaded to tell us about vanilla (newsflash
>  > here: http://www.langreiter.com/space/2008-03-12-reBirth)
>

> I can certain waffle on for a few minutes about soup and vanilla, yup.
>  Really good idea, I think.

Right 3 people saying they've something they might talk about is good
enough for me.  Consider it an 'event':
http://lrug.org/meetings/2008/03/16/april-2008-meeting

So, who else wants to show something off?

Consider this, if there's some neat hack that you'd consider taking
15mins to write up on your blog for the entire internet to see, why
not bring it along to LRUG in April and show it off for 5 mins to us
as well?  Think of it as an intimate warm-up gig for the stadium
rock-show (with inflatable stonehenge) that posting on your blog will
be.

Muz

ps. I know it's a mixed signal, but don't register with Skills Matter
just yet.  It's sunday evening and I haven't asked them to put up a
new reg page for the April meeting yet, so you'd just be
re-registering for the March meeting.  I'll let you know when that
changes though.