[LRUG] Rails freelancers

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 09:05:07 PST 2008

On 6 Mar 2008, at 16:32, toby privett wrote:

> I agree that there must be entry level developers looking to gain
> experience on the job. It seems to me that the Rails community is
> driven, in part, by people crossing over from other skill sets, so
> most of these are already fairly experienced.

Yeah, that's what I figured. All the guys who have been doing Java/PHP
for years would I guess want a higher rate. I'm not totally against
all that (heck, it's where I came from) - just as long as they've got
good practice I guess. Hiring someone of that level is more of a risk
for a smaller company like mine though.

> I might be wrong, and it would certainly be nice to see people not
> joining php / dot net shops straight out of college.

Yeah - perhaps I should wait a couple months until people start coming
out of uni. I need people now though - there's a ton of work to do! :-)

Thanks for the comments.

Chris