[LRUG] UK salaries? Just curious...

Kevin Fullerton kevin.fullerton at shotgun-suicide.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 02:59:52 PST 2008

* Matthew Rudy Jacobs <matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com> [2008-03-07 17:29:30 +0700]:

> It probably makes sense to follow my example;
>
> Live with your parents until your late 30s,
> Commute into London every day,
> Make sure you have no social life,

Agreed - I live in Hertfordshire close to a train station with family - commute into London if I need to costs £10 and takes 25 minutes - thankfully I have a job where I work from home 99% of the time so travel costs are lower, but due to not having an office we get better than London wages - the only downside is it's not a Ruby related role.

The plus side is, beer tokens go further out here, and there's plenty of money left for gadgets and a social life :)

Kevin