[LRUG] UK salaries? Just curious...

Daniel Tenner daniel.ruby at tenner.org
Fri Mar 7 03:55:47 PST 2008

Drinking beers is cheap, almost anywhere in London. Even bars aren't
that expensive (even £4/bottle is bearable unless you're a certified
alcoholic!... 6-7 bottles will be less than £30)

It's the cocktails that really slaughter your bank account. At £8-10 a
pop for most decent places, you can easily find yourself 50 quid out
of pocket for a single round. Buy two rounds, + entrance ticket of
£20, and a cab ride back home, and there's your £150 night not
including dinner! Have one of those a week and you'll be bankrupt
pretty fast.

But as long as you stay away from that, it's not so expensive...

Daniel </about 4 years of failing to 'stay away from that'>