[LRUG] Developer position at Songkick

Daniel Lucraft dan at fluentradical.com
Fri May 30 01:27:49 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Songkick.com is looking for a top Ruby/Rails/LAMP developer. We're a young (but funded!) startup
based in Shoreditch, a YC graduate, and doing very cool stuff in live
music discovery.

Here is some information about the opening:

------------------------------------
Songkick is looking for an amazing hacker. You'll become a core member of our small but extremely talented technical team.

Our
goal is to make it easier and more fun to discover and experience live
music. If you want to find out a bit more about what we do here's a
short video of Ian blabbering about our launch in March at SxSW. http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/03/19/video-ian-hogarth-of-songkick/

We've
received funding from some of the top investors in Europe and the US
including Y Combinator, Saul Klein (The Accelerator Group), Jeff
Clavier and Betaworks.

Some of the cool stuff we're working on
are live music recommendations and an Alexa style ranking to show which
bands are hottest on the web right now. Two of our team members have a
background in Machine Learning and it has really influenced the way we
approach these problems.

What we're looking for:
    * Proven experience building awesome web apps.
    * Ability to turn round solutions to problems incredibly quickly.
    * Ability to easily pick up new technologies and incorporate them into production software.
    * Experience with Ruby on Rails.
    * In depth knowledge of Unix systems, MySQL, Apache and standard development tools.
    * A good degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Physics/Math or a related subject.
    * Ability to work in a flexible manner, building prototypes
fast and evolving these into scalable production-quality systems.
Also a big plus would be:
    * Passion for music, particularly live music.
    * Experience with large scale web scraping and/or data mining problems.

You'll
be joining us at an early stage (so can expect significant equity) but
post funding (so you'll get paid!) and at a point when we're starting
to build out some of our most ambitious ideas. If live music, hacking
and the unbeatable energy of a start-up are your thing, get in touch!

To apply please send your C.V.,  URLs of cool things you've built along with a short email introducing yourself to joinsongkick at songkick.com by 15th June 2007.

Hope someone finds this useful.

best,
Dan