[LRUG] Do you think anyone would pay for...

Eleanor McHugh eleanor at games-with-brains.com
Thu May 8 07:43:19 PDT 2008

a consultant to come in and tidy up a Ruby and/or Rails codebase:
introduce/enforce naming conventions; increase code legibility;
performance tuning and optimisation; etc.?

I ask for the simple reason that three months of looking for a
permanent Rails role have left me with the distinct impression that my
reputation scares the living daylights out of many of those who
interview me, and the rest don't think they have any sufficiently
senior roles to offer! I seriously doubt I'm too good to work for
other people and would love someone to prove me right in this, but
just in case I'm considering a return to consultancy ;)

Also if anyone knows of a funded startup looking for either a
Technical Architect or CTO who can code as well I'd be very interested
in hearing from you. Anything to relieve the monotony of a long hot
summer (air conditioning a must lol).

Ellie

Being and Doing are merely useful abstractions for the time-dependent
asymmetry of phase space.