[LRUG] Monit fails to stop/start/restart Mongrel

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Fri May 30 04:09:21 PDT 2008

Try using the following as your command:

/usr/bin/env PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH mongrel_rails cluster::start -C
/etc/mongrel_cluster/photocms.conf --clean --only 8002

I think the problem comes when mongrel_rails tries to spawn mongrel
which also needs the path to ruby...  using env as above adds
/usr/local/bin to the path so everything can find it...

hope that helps..
Alex